Bookfox seeks freelance writers to help fiction authors.
You will write blog posts with advice about the writing life or craft of writing.
You don’t need all these qualifications, but a good handful of them will help.
- Have taught creative writing at the university level
- Literary background, but not afraid of genre/popular fiction
- Have published at least one book with a traditional publisher
- MFA preferred.
- Experience in the publishing industry
- Enormous library of fiction and books about creative writing (capable of offline research)
- Quick researcher
- Able to research current online articles and find gaps in what they provide to writers
- Capable of innovative ideas, not just rehashing old ideas about writing
- Educated yet colloquial voice, comfortable mixing high and low diction, and formal and informal language. Voice must be non-academic and non-stuffy.
- Talented at writing for online media (completely different than writing for print).
- Know WordPress
- Graphics skills with Canva or Adobe InDesign
To write substantial articles on the craft of fiction writing or writing life
- Plotting, characterization, dialogue, POV, voice, sentences, etc.
- To create a bank of articles for upmarket fiction writers: writers who love fast pacing and fun plots, but pay attention to deep characterization and sentences
- To provide creative writing advice that is more advanced than most elementary blog posts
- Work from Anywhere
- Research competition to find topics
- Research blog posts
- Write substantial and authoritative blog posts
- Edit & Proofread content
- One-page Resume
- Link to one (1) blog post you’ve written (no need for more than one link)
- One post you enjoyed on Bookfox
- 3 Pitches for blog posts that you would like to write
Payment is $100 – $300 per post, depending on length and research. Posts range from 1,500 words to 5,000 words.