- The Granta soiree at Equator books — I’d actually never been there before, but it’s a beautiful bookstore, with exquisite collector’s books.
- Drinks with LA Times folk and David Kipen at the W.
- Tod Goldberg called BookFox “one of the shining lights of Los Angeles.” Should it be my new tagline?
- Chatting up John Freeman at the Granta booth.
- The many wonderful panels with Mary Gaitskill and Wells Tower and Muriel Barbery and all the new authors I got to know.
- Shaking Marilynne Robinson’s hand and talking to her about her fiction.
- That the weather wasn’t oppressively hot like last year — just warmish.
- Despite the hullabaloo I heard before the event about the shrinking number of booths and attendees, the Festival seemed just as kinetic.
Write Better Books.
Receive a free copy of "DEFEAT WRITER'S BLOCK"
when you subscribe to my weekly newsletter.