I’m very much looking forward to the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books this weekend. There’s a list of all the attending authors, but you have to wade through a lot of children’s book authors and commercial writers (not that there’s anything wrong with them) to sift out the good stuff. Might be helpful to allow people to search for authors according to certain criteria.
As always, there are the standbys who come year after year: Ray Bradbury, you cool old codger, Chris Abani, T.C. Boyle, Aimee Bender, Steve Erickson, Ben Ehrenreich, Janet Fitch, Judith Freeman, Jim Ruland.
But I am particularly looking forward to these authors, three of which are accomplished short story artists:
- Muriel Barbery of Elegance of the Hedgehog fame.
- Uwem Akpan of Say You’re One of Them fame.
- Mary Gaitskill, most recently out with Don’t Cry.
- Wells Tower, the short story author of the moment.
- Marilynne Robinson, of Everything I Write Is Awesome fame.
Write Better Books.
Receive a free copy of "DEFEAT WRITER'S BLOCK"
when you subscribe to my weekly newsletter.