The shortlist for the Frank O’Connor International Short Story prize is out, and they did much better at creating a shortlist than last year, when the Jhumpa Lahiri coup took down the prize.
- An Elegy for Easterly by Petina Gappah (Zimbabwe)
- Singularity by Charlotte Grimshaw (New Zealand)
- Ripples and other Stories by Shih-Li Kow (Malaysia)
- Love Begins in Winter by Simon Van Booy (United States)
- The Pleasant Light of Day by Philip O Ceallaigh (Ireland)
- Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned by Wells Tower (United States)
Nice international selection, and love to see my boy Tower representing. Winner of the 35,000 Euro prize will be announced Sept. 20.
Write Better Books.
Receive a free copy of "DEFEAT WRITER'S BLOCK"
when you subscribe to my weekly newsletter.