This is a list of publishers seeking short story collections. It’s not exhaustive, but would you really want an exhaustive list? I’ve read short story collections from most of the publishers on this list and all together they are publishing some of the best short fiction on the planet. Read, enjoy, submit.

Independent:

Big Houses:

Academic:

7 Comments

• Josh / April 26, 2013 at 4:33 pm Reply

Actually I should have left my comment here. We publish a pocket sized collection of experimental short fiction, funded on kickstarter, nationally distributed. Killing it.

• otis / August 21, 2013 at 8:32 pm Reply

Thanks for this. Otis

• Chris / September 22, 2013 at 11:59 pm Reply

Hello,

I thought that I’d add one for you that we also accept short stories at Brine Books Publishing.

We are a new publishing house, but have good goals as we are publishing the books in order to try to raise awareness on important human rights issues while raising funds for charities and non-profits that work in the various sectors.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Brine Books Publishing

• Caroline / October 10, 2013 at 9:58 pm Reply

I’m trying to find publishers of short stories that will take me seriously because I’m just 14 and people automatically assume my stories are bad because of my age. This helped a lot so thank you.

• Ndiritu wahome / October 29, 2013 at 6:32 pm Reply

This is interesting, I will get around to send a query to these publishers:)

• C. L Rossman / July 31, 2014 at 8:36 pm Reply

C’mon, would a COMPUTER write a comment about short stories?
    What I wanted to ask was, Are any of you listed up there interested in science-fiction short stories? Please e-amil me. I’ve had more than 20 short stories published in the past few years, but my best markets folded, and now all the liksts have gone on a puying basis.
    PS–Please allow for very slow and tired home computer to reply. Half the time it can’t even get on the net. Thank you. Would really appreciate some input